Copies of these publications can be downloaded from the links below or requested through ResearchGate (https://www.researchgate.net/). Publicly accessible data and statistical analyses can be downloaded from FigShare (https://figshare.com/).
ORCID: 0000-0002-3251-1759 (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3251-1759)
Personal Keywords: Beach processes, Biological oceanography, Climate change, Coastal ecology, Coastal zone management, Conservation biology, Coral reefs, Ecosystem monitoring & assessment, Ecosystem restoration, Endangered species management, Environmental modeling, Environmental policy, Geographic information systems (GIS), Marine biology, Marine conservation, Marine debris, Marine megafauna, Natural resource management, Remote sensing, Sea level rise, Sea turtles, Spatial analysis, Wildlife conservation
- Nelson Sella et al. (2023) Urban pocket beaches as nesting habitat for marine turtles: Their importance and risk from inundation. Global Ecology and Conservation 41: e02366.
- Siegfried et al. (2021) Insights into sea turtle population composition obtained with stereo-video cameras in situ across nearshore habitats in the northeastern Gulf of Mexico. Frontiers in Marine Science 8: 746500.
- Ware et al. (2021) Mapping wave exposure of loggerhead sea turtle nests in the Florida Panhandle. Remote Sensing 13(14): 2654.
- Silver-Gorges et al. (2021) Using systems thinking to inform management of endangered species: A case study with sea turtles. Biological Conservation 260: 109201.
- Siegfried et al. (2021) Validating the use of stereo-video cameras to measure sea turtles in-situ. Ecology and Evolution 11(12): 8226-8237.
- Fuentes MMPB, Meletis ZA, Wildermann N, Ware M (2021) Conservation interventions to reduce sea turtle vessel strikes: A case study in southern Florida. Marine Policy 128: 104471.
- Ingels et al. (2020) Meiofauna life on loggerhead sea turtles – diversity structured abundance and biodiversity hotspots that challenge the meiofauna paradox. Diversity 12(5): 203.
- Ware et al. (2020) Survivorship and growth in staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) outplanting projects in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. PLoS One 15(5): e0231817.
- Ware M, Fuentes MMPB (2020) “Leave No Trace” ordinances for coastal species management: Influences on sea turtle nesting success. Endangered Species Research 41: 197-207.
- Fuentes MMPB et al. (2019) Exposure of marine turtle nesting beaches to named storms along the continental USA. Remote Sensing 11(24): 2996.
- Drobes E, Ware M, Beckwith VK, Fuentes MMPB (2019) Beach crabbing as a possible hindrance to loggerhead marine turtle nesting success. Marine Turtle Newsletter 159: 1-4
- Ware M, Long JW, Fuentes MMPB (2019) Using wave runup modeling to inform coastal species management: An example application for sea turtle nest relocation. Ocean and Coastal Management 173: 17-25
- Wildermann et al. (2018) Informing research priorities for immature sea turtles through expert elicitaton. Endangered Species Research 37: 55-76.
- Ware M, Fuentes MMPB (2018) Potential for relocation to alter the incubation environment and productivity of sea turtle nests in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Chelonian Conservation and Biology 17(2): 252-262.
- Ware M, Fuentes MMPB (2018) A comparison of methods used to monitor groundwater inundation of sea turtle nests. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 503: 1-7.
Accepted, Submitted, and In Preparation:
- Vieira LOM, Fuentes-Tejada L, Fuentes MMPB, Ware M (In Prep) Smaller size of nesting female loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) in the Gulf of Mexico: Effects on nest placement and productivity. Animals.
- Fuentes MMPB, Beckwith VK, Ware M (In Prep) The effects of microplastic on the thermal profile of sand: Implications for marine turtle nesting grounds. Frontiers in Marine Science.
- Fuentes et al. (In Prep) Key issues in assessing threats to sea turtles: Knowledge gaps and future directions. Biological Conservation.
- Marine Turtle Specialist Group (2021) Sea turtles in the North Atlantic and Wider Caribbean region: MTSG Regional Report 2021. Report of the IUCN-SSC Marine Turtle Specialist Group
- Marine Turtle Specialist Group (2020) Sea turtles in the North Atlantic and Wider Caribbean region: MTSG Regional Report 2020. Report of the IUCN-SSC Marine Turtle Specialist Group
- Fuentes MMPB, Ware M, Meletis ZA, Wildermann N (2019) Management options to reduce sea turtle vessel strikes in southern Florida. Technical report to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation. Washington DC. 55 p.
- Ware M, Long JW, Fuentes MMPB (2018) Assessment of inundation threat to sea turtle nests to improve management practices in Alabama: final report to the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Montgomery, AL. 24 pp.
- Ware M, Fuentes MMPB (2017) Assessing the need and implications of sea turtle nest relocation: technical report to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Moss Point, MS. 28 p.