Take a peek at what we’ve been up to!
Welcome! Feel free to have a look around. This page is dedicated to the ongoing research and conservation efforts of Dr. Matt Ware as part of the Florida State University Marine Turtle Research, Ecology, and Conservation Group. If you have any comments or questions about anything on this site, please feel free to reach out!
A running list of the currently available journal articles, technical reports, and other media, as well as those in progress, can be found under the Publications tab with their associated links for document download.
We love being out in the field! The salty air, the cool water, sand between your toes, plus a few charismatic creatures – what’s not to love? Check out some shots from our fieldwork to see what we do and where we have the honor to work.
News and Updates
- Funding Alert! New project investigating sea turtle wave exposure and inundation
- New Paper: Conservation Interventions to Reduce Vessel Strikes on Sea Turtles
- Historic cold stun event in Texas
- New Publication Alert – Staghorn coral growth and survival in the Florida Keys!
If we are to conserve what we have, and regain what we’ve lost, we must understand how Mother Nature works and where we fit in.
Only through dedication and hard work can we make a better world for ourselves and those we love.
Get In Touch
- Drop a line on the Contact tab
Florida State University
Department of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science
1011 Academic Way
Tallahassee, FL 32301